Thursday, November 11, 2010

Technorati

I don't read many blogs. I keep up with a couple of my friend's blogs on sites like Livejournal and Tumblr but I don't keep up with any of the biggies, like The Huffington Post or Gawker.

I find it so interesting that theses blogs are so popular. It really send home the idea that people are not getting news from "traditional" sources anymore. Most people use the internet, and these kinds of blogs, to learn about current events.
I think a couple of these popular blog feeds could be very useful for a library. Maybe a screen in the lobby or main room with a scrolling feed of stories from a small collection of sites. It could have headlines and a picture. I think that would be a great way to update the library users on current events and technological news.

No comments:

Post a Comment